Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sunday...

In the blue, silver, chromemium diner!
Sorry, I just love Tick...Tick...BOOM! And since it is indeed Sunday I figured that this would be an appropriate introduction to today's post.
Yesterday evening I visited the Yarmouth Clam Festival and it was a grand ol' time. There were rides and food and, (the best part) crafts! I found one booth that had a wonderful little product that involved making felted animals. Yet instead of the usual washing machine, soap rubbing process they used a technique called needle felting. I found this very intriguing since I have a pile of wool that I haven't had any ideas for. I just may try this technique out and see what comes of it.
Either way, the play ideas are still flowing through my brain, but it is hard to put them onto paper. It's hard to put ideas into products sometimes, but hopefully my one-woman-show idea will at least pan out. The idea is sort of a dark comedy about a woman who comes home during a bad thunderstorm and becomes convinced that her mother (or sister, I haven't decided) is coming back to haunt her in the form of a house plant. She then expresses things that she couldn't when this relative was alive. I feel like this will work better than a play with more than one character. Somehow I feel like this one will work.
Anyway, that's all for now, it seems that I left my phone in the car, so I must retrieve it.
Stay well, kids!

Cheers,
M.E.J.

No comments: